Re: 2900 or 2950?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rod McDonald on September 04, 2002 at 05:19:51:

In Reply to: 2900 or 2950? posted by Euph playa on September 03, 2002 at 21:42:27:

Have been playing my new 2950TA since 17May this year.Never had a large bore instrument before and My sound continues to develop. I have been doing 3hours a day with a strong emphasis on embrochure strengthening exercises.Original Dennis Wick 4AM didnt fit leadpipe so I used the Willson M.P. which came with the instrument for the first 6 weeks. Changed to S.M.3 but found this was too big for me. Finally started using S.M.4 (2 weeks ago) with same basic dimentions as my old 4AM(save for a larger cup depth) and now it all comes together . The 2950TA is a beautiful instrument.Warm, rich sound, beautiful lower register, Quick/clean valve action. Good intonation, although F above the stave is always sharp (I use 4th valve for this note and this has remedied this normal shortcoming of euphoniums). As I mentioned earlier, I am still comming to grips with the Large bore and new mouthpiece but my 'sound' continues to develop. All in all , I am DELIGHTED with my new instrument and recommend it. Rod.

Follow Ups: