Re: In Defense of HS Teachers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Schultz on September 04, 2002 at 10:50:12:

In Reply to: In Defense of HS Teachers posted by Chuck Jackson on September 03, 2002 at 17:57:08:

My heart goes out to the teachers. All teacher I have ever met try their level best to do a good job of educating kids. The problems are within the associations (including the NEA) and the public school systems at large.
I think the whole mess of the public systems should be abolished and rolled back to the way it was in the colonial days. If parents (I did say parents... both of them) wanted their child to learn to read, they hired the best reading teacher they could afford to teach little Johnny. The same for writing and arithmetic. How does a parent hire a tuba teacher? Based on credentials with some consideration given to what they can afford.
Forget the argument of 'the public school system makes it fair for everyone.. regardless of a childs class in society'. Only a few whiney liberals are getting most of the attention of the school boards. Get off your butts parents.... and get to your local meetings and make yourselves heard. We're not gonna get rid of the public school systems but we can sure as heck make them better. The teachers ARE NOT the problem here.

Follow Ups: