Re: Re: Re: Euph, and Sax.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Eastep on September 05, 2002 at 16:47:57:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Euph, and Sax. posted by Jeff (NY) on September 05, 2002 at 13:54:58:

I found it! It's not exactly published--it's from an April, 1946 collection called the Boletin Latino-Americano de Musica (Suplemento Musical) published by the Instituto Intreramericano de Musicologia, Curt Lange, Director. I saw a reference to it in a book about Latin American music and was able to get it through inter-library loan. It's by Francisco Braga, it's called Dialogo sonoro ao luar (seresta), and it's written for alto sax and "Bombardino (do)" It's in 2/4 with ragtime-like syncopations and is 92 measures long. The expression marks are "Vagaroso muito espressivo um tanto rubato" which I take to mean unhurried, expressive and somewhat rubato. It has a nice flavor to it, but I did find it somewhat tiring when I did it on Eb tuba a few years ago.

I am willing to make copies, since I can only assume that Mr. Braga would prefer his music to be played rather than to languish in the obscurity of this old journal. Tell you what...if you want to buy a copy of the CD by the Albertasaurus Tuba/Euph quartet for $1500, I'll throw in the duet for free. How's that for a deal?

Follow Ups: