Re: In Defense of HS Teachers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Katy on September 06, 2002 at 19:48:16:

In Reply to: In Defense of HS Teachers posted by Chuck Jackson on September 03, 2002 at 17:57:08:

I haven't been to this board in awhile, but upon recent browsing I see this discussion.

As a 5-12 band director, I am impressed at the respect that the teaching profession seems to get among the majority of you. I'm grateful that our efforts do not go unnoticed!

I agree so highly with EVERYTHING that both Chuck and Rick have said...as well as many of you who've offered your ".02" cents on the issue. I am one of those people that has a natural tendency to get all worked up (headaches, stomach in knots, racing heartrate, etc.) after thinking/discussing/arguing about all of these MAJOR issues facing the world of education. When ever one discusses the problems in our present system, the topic always veers to PARENTING and the decline of society in general. I begin thinking of all the corruption and poor behavior that occurs in the world. It is absolutely stifling when you sit down and think about it.

A pal told me long ago, "Katy, when you feel overwhelmed over all of the problems in the present world, come back to your little corner. Do only what you can in your neck of the woods. Be as good of a person as you possibly can...quite literally "spread the love". Love your enemies, all that good stuff. Kill with kindness...etc." I couldn't agree more! Love and kindness are truly contagious. It WILL spread. We simply need to INSIST on it during our time here on the Earth...it will always be a corrupt jungle. We need to keep our eyes open to the bigger picture in life, making the best out of our nasty situations by being the "best we can be" while we are here.

Thank my good Lord that I have found my outlet...my way to make peace with everything.

When a couple of people on this board wrote "all you can do is pray"...well, that is honestly what we HAVE to do! These problems are MUCH too large to go at alone. We need all the help we can get, and need to ask for it. The more prayers going up, the better!

Thank you to all of you who support what we, as teachers, try to do. It is indeed my passion, my life's hobby until I must depart for paradise...

Sorry to sound so fluffy, yet I don't apologize for my deep-rooted spiritual content. Will this get censored? Sure hope not!

May God truly bless and keep us all! We NEED it, don't we?! :)

Follow Ups: