American Tuba Concertos (Update)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rommel Cordova on September 08, 2002 at 08:52:34:

ORGINAL POST:
I am working on a personal project and I could use some help. I am trying to find tuba concertos written by American composers. Even more specific, I am looking for ones which have not received many performances. I would like to add as many as I can to my personal library. I currently have the concertos by the following composers. Sy Brandon (written for me), Walter Ross, James Barnes, William Presser, Eugene Anderson, Eric Ewazen, Anthony Plog, Steven Winteregg, Alec Wilder, James Woodward, John Williams, Robert Jager, and Bruce Broughton. I know that the John Stevens Tuba Concerto is apparently available from editions bim, but I would like to know what music supplier in the USA will be selling it.
I am still looking for any other tuba concertos written by American Composers with band or orchestra accompaniment. Please, if you know of any, let me know. Especially ones which have rarely been performed. Also if you know whether or not they have a piano reduction, that would be helpful. It is my hope eventually do a recital of some of these concertos and possibly record a CD (If I can find the funding) of some of the lesser known concertos. All Help Is Appreciated. Thank You.

UPDATE:

I have obtained tuba concertos by the following American composers since my last post:
Harold Oliver
Will Gay Bottje
Alfred Heller
Ken Applegate
Jason Ladd

I will be premiering Sy Brandon's and Ken Applegate's tuba concertos at the Texas Regional Tuba/Euphonium Conference in May. Tim Royster will be premiering Jason Ladd's tuba concerto at that same conference.

I will soon be obtaining tuba concertos by the following composers:
Neely Bruce
Barton Cummings

I am trying to find information on tuba concertos by the following composers:
Rule Beasley
Samuel Holloman

I am still searching for more. I would appreciate any and all information which you may be able to provide. Thanks!!

Rommel

Visit My Website At:
http://www.geocities.com/connman72/texastuba.html

Follow Ups: