Re: Re: Re: Re: bydlo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dennis Hopper on September 15, 2002 at 06:46:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: bydlo posted by John on September 15, 2002 at 01:59:38:

That's all well and good, but....

Pop quiz, hot shot:

You are on probation as a new member of the orchestra and you see "Pictures at an Exhibition" on the season schedule. The solo is in your book. Your very JOB is hanging in the balance, what DO you do...what DO you do?

Ok, so, maybe that's not the problem Keanu Reeves faced in "Speed" but, I think it works here.

I don't quite understand: "...and I can think of a few "professionals" that get nervous." Walk a mile in their shoes. I'm sure you're an accomplished player, as so many of the Tubnet-ers are. But until you sit in the hotseat and realize that in your first year (if you're lucky) or more, it DOES matter what people think of your playing, you can't possibly understand the pressure. You ARE 100% correct that you must be yourself musically. Until you make it through the tenure process, the feedack of those people (who very well may be on your tenuring committee) should be important to you. It should also be important to you later on in your career, as a smart musician.

Follow Ups: