Re: Re: Re: Re: our favorite young players?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brandon Jones on September 15, 2002 at 19:01:53:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: our favorite young players? posted by Martin on September 15, 2002 at 11:12:17:

Yeah, Martin does have grandchildren, afterall. Just kidding. He IS engaged though! Cograts man, if I didn't tell you before, on the engagement. That's awesome. And older or younger, Martin Cochran is a damn good euphonium player. I heard him twice at ITEC this year and was impressed both times I heard him. Big sound and great musicianship (which I guess comes when you're 93 years old....hehe) You know I'm kidding man. You're a hell of a player, and that's all that matters. It was truly an enjoyment to hear you play. I thought you played the Rochut etude as well as anyone could've played it. I didn't like that piece at all when I was first practicing it, and really didn't like it when I had to perform it, but after I heard it like 10 times (I went 2nd in the prelims out of 12 and listened to everyone else for the sake of learning), I really started to like it. Then you played it, and I've liked the etude ever since. Send me an email sometime man.

Follow Ups: