Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUZZING(AT)!!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark F. on September 18, 2002 at 22:32:36:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUZZING(AT)!!!!!!!!! posted by Graham W. on September 18, 2002 at 20:55:59:

Graham, the only thing I find interesting about your postings is that I am in 99% agreement with you, but you and your buddies seem to be trying to make it into an arguement. Just remember when buzzing, the tone of the buzz should be equal importance in your mind as which note you are buzzing. I like to think of my buzzing as being a "singing" voice. with practice, it can sound musical and even enjoyable.
As far as which note the "extream low register" begins has as much to do with which mouthpiece you are playing as anything else. I play a Bach 7 with a very open backbore, and find myself doing unatural things to buzz below an A or an Ab. On other mouthpieces, lower than that is easy. It's a floating scale, and that's why until now I have avoided defining it.
You seem like a good guy, and I bet you're a good player. Keep up the buzzing, it will take you a long way, but don't shy away from things like a great lip slur regiment too.

Take care,
Mark

Follow Ups: