Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: C Euphoniums?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug on September 19, 2002 at 22:17:58:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: C Euphoniums? posted by Mark on September 19, 2002 at 15:10:06:

It seems like we have once again proven the old saying "the key doesn't matter, it's how you play the horn." (well something like that ;-)

I don't buy into the CC is easier for orchestra fingerings, because I HATE playing in E major or anything with more sharps than 4 on my CC horn.

There are many band musicians out there on CC tubas. I know of some orchestra musicians making it on BBb. As long as you sound good, I'm not sure it matters what key horn you use. If you sound good on a Db bass, go for it!

Everyone has to find the horn that works for them, no matter what key it's in.

I tell you what, though, going from marching band MWF to Symphonic TR makes me wish I had a CC sousa! (assuming it played well and sounded good, of course)

MHO,

Doug "sticking with his Getzen CC, but figures Mark sounds better no matter what horn he's using" G

PS-just to clarify what i meant: by "rough" I do not wish to imply "bad." I think the word I sought was "dark" as opposed to "bright" but there is even some disagreement as to what these terms mean. BBb horns have a different "color" in their sound, from my experience.

Follow Ups: