Re: Re: Tubas for Sale...again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Badgley on September 23, 2002 at 23:16:26:

In Reply to: Re: Tubas for Sale...again posted by Mike on September 22, 2002 at 20:06:10:

Here’s my take on this topic:

Just to start out, I have never played this horn, nor have I even met Brock Campbell.

From what I have personally experienced he Yamaha line of instruments can be very temperamental, one YFB-822 can play wonderfully while the horn that was produced next can sound completely different. Many people will agree (and some won't) that the quality control at the Yamaha factory is far from perfect, but if you are one of the lucky ones who gets that perfect horn the value will not deplete very quickly. From what I can tell from other posting Brock has one of the top 1% of these horns.

Is $7500 too much to pay for a used Bass Tuba, well that's up to the consumer. I would have to say that if I were in the market for a bass tuba I might want to play this horn to see what the hype is about.

What reason does Brock have to lower the price $2000 just because the instrument is a few months? If this horn is as good as he claims the value should not depreciate that quickly. Most people would not think twice about paying $7500 for a new YFB-822S and those horns may not be as good as the horn Brock is selling. If his horn is worth $7500 someone will be more than happy to pay $7500 for it, if it is not worth that much it will not sell and he will have to re-evaluate his asking price.

I think i'm done rambling for now,
Brian "Who, as of 9-24-2002, at 12:13am would not trade his PT-10 for the world" Badgley

Follow Ups: