Re: Re: new King 2341 owners - recommend a bag

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on September 25, 2002 at 10:14:49:

In Reply to: Re: new King 2341 owners - recommend a bag posted by Valve Tie Down on September 24, 2002 at 12:25:22:

Yes, I use the valve tie-down thingie -- some of the time. Actually my bag is the UMI bag, which is an Altieri clone. I'm very satisfied with it's performance to date.

It is intended to protect the valves from accidetal damage -i.e. any bent valve stems. It really works, if you are not in a hurry to pack it in. It takes about an extra minute to Velcro the thing on.

Besides the bell and bottom bow, the valves are the most vulnerable thing on these horns in a bag (or outta the bag for that matter). You can survive a gig with a banged bell or bows; not so with a bent valve stem!

I admit to only putting the tie-down on when I plan to go thru a 'dangerous' area - thru doorways, railings, etc and/or unfamiliar territory, where bang-ups occur even when you're careful!

No bag will save a horn that's dropped. My bag has, however, protected it from some scrapes and moderate smacks that surely would have hurt a 'naked' horn.

FWIW,

-- Mark Mazak

Follow Ups: