Re: Re: Rudy 4345

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by russ dickman on September 26, 2002 at 16:37:23:

In Reply to: Re: Rudy 4345 posted by cdrom on September 26, 2002 at 14:29:39:

Hi Cory,

The resonance in the low end of this tuba is great! It requires a different approach than a piston horn but once you get the feel it is VERY good. The larger bell and bows (in comparison to the ¾ Rudy) make a big difference in the sound output. This tuba has the potential to sound huge. We (The Reno Phil) just did Prokofief's Romeo & Juliet and this tuba was able to handle those loud low E's without a problem. A fellow tuba player was in the audience and he was really impressed with the sound. (He just bought a PT-7) I think Rudi has come up with a winning design by putting the ¾ (.730) valve section on the larger 4/4 body/bell. It plays like a ¾ but has the output of a 4/4 or even 5/4 tuba. It has a beautiful full sound with a lot of character. Another thing that I am totally impressed with is the intonation. There is absolutely no slide pulling necessary. Minor adjustments are easily handled with the 2nd valve kicker. I also enjoy the way I am able to play soft with tuba. It is well suited to brass quintet and larger ensembles. I think this is a superb all-around instrument. Sorry to ramble on but as you can tell, I am thoroughly impressed with this tuba!

I'll go more detail regarding the playing aspects when I build the web site.

Good to hear from you-

Russ Dickman

Follow Ups: