Howard Hovey Tuba Day 2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill Troiano on September 30, 2002 at 14:26:07:

Thanks, Art, for reminding me to post this. Each year the Suffolk County Music Educator's Association (SCMEA), on Long Island, sponsors Howard Hovey Tuba Day. As the chairman of this event for the past 22 years, I thought that our readers might be interested in knowing about the event. Primarily geared toward junior and high school euphonium and tuba players, we do attract college, teachers and pros. The event takes place at the Sayville Middle School on Friday, Nov. 15 from 3-9:30 pm. Events include massed, select (All-Star), and faculty tuba ensembles rehearsals during the afternoon and a clinic by our featured guest artist. This year's artist will be Pat Sheridan, renowned tuba virtuoso. We have a dinner break before our 7 pm concert which features: the Sunnyland Quartet (dixieland), the All-Star Tuba Ensemble, Pat Sheridan in recital, the LI Tuba Quartet, the Faculty Tuba Ensemble, and the grand finale 180 piece SCMEA Massed Tuba Ensemble. The concert is free to the public and participation in the event is $12.00 payable to SCMEA. For more info, contact me or check the SCMEA web site at www.scmea.org . You must then click on exec. board, find my picture and click on Howard Hovey Tuba Day. For registration forms click on newsletter.

Follow Ups: