Re: Re: Becoming a professional

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Music Instruction on September 03, 2003 at 20:52:54:

In Reply to: Re: Becoming a professional posted by real answers on September 03, 2003 at 19:21:06:

So you think that a music degree or music ed degree wouldn't help in starting a professional life? So all the proper instruction with theory, sightsinging, ear training, solo lit., music history, music lit., the ed classes on how to teach and behavior modification and pedagogy doesn't help you to be a professional? You have to think about how much we actually DO learn in college, even if we are doing a bachelor's in music ed. I am currently doing a bachelor's in music ed, and I have had great and well qualified teachers in that particular degree shape me into the musician that I am and will still become. ALmost everyone has some kind of influence on you. All these well educated teachers as well as students around schools of music can teach one so much about music that we could maybe not learn if we were just taking private lessons from a person who has "made it". I have learned so much about being professional from other teachers besides my lesson teachers. We can learn a lot from those we think can't teach us anything.

Ryan Black

Follow Ups: