Re: Re: Josef Lidl LCB-702 CC tuba- 1st Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lee Stofer on September 09, 2003 at 09:04:23:

In Reply to: Re: Josef Lidl LCB-702 CC tuba- 1st Report posted by Chuck(G) on September 07, 2003 at 17:28:36:

Chuck,
Imagine taking an old Mirafone 184-4U, giving it a larger bell flare much like a Conn 2J, a modern metal ball-and socket linkage system, a better nickel-silver leadpipe, and a better, more open-wrap. The quality of the rotors themselves, the bore size, and the quality of materials is very similar to the Mirafone, but it has a unique wrap and bell flare. It has a short valve stroke, is very resonant, and puts out a lot of sound for a 3/4 size tuba. As Professor Moore said, every CC tuba has at least a couple of notes that require attention, intonation-wise. So far, I've only noticed typical tendencies, such as the D in the staff being a shade low and the C above the staff going a little sharp if you let it. Otherwise, I'm nailing pitches with ease, and I haven't played CC daily in years. I like a tuba that is easy to play ;^)
To those who saw tuba in Es on the web site, that is the German notation for Eb. They build no 'E' tubas, and they are working on an F tuba based upon this same tuba body. My understanding is that, after the F tuba, they plan on building some larger tubas, too.

Lee Stofer

Follow Ups: