Re: Re: Meinl Weston 2155 for sale!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John on September 10, 2003 at 23:06:03:

In Reply to: Re: Meinl Weston 2155 for sale! posted by Tim koster on September 09, 2003 at 23:50:44:

Sorry I didn't include that much information about the horn, I am not sure really what to say about it. It is the lacquered 5/4 Meinl Weston CC tuba. It has 4 piston and 1 rotary valve. I purchased it May of 2001, and played it until May of 2002. The work that I had done on it was to shorten the 2nd valve slide, lengthen the 5th valve, and lengthen the main tuning slide. There may have been work done on the third and fourth valve slides, but I can't recall and it is really hard to tell by looking at it. I also had the piston valves re-lapped, because they were a little too tight for my taste, so now they move smoothly and quickly. There are 3 or 4 dime size dings in the bottom bow of the horn, none of which affect the playability of the horn. There are also button scratches on the back of the horn from when it rubbed against my shirts. I am a college student who changed his major and am now in major need of money. With the horn there will also be an aluminum flight case with functioning locks, and a Reunion Blues Gig Bag. I payed about $8,500 for the whole package originally new, and I would really like to get at least $5,000 for it now. I live in Modesto, Ca 95355. If you need any other information, let me know.

Follow Ups: