Re: Re: What to do, What to do??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by scott on September 14, 2003 at 21:47:12:

In Reply to: Re: What to do, What to do?? posted by ken k on September 14, 2003 at 21:20:47:

Sorry, Ken, I beg to differ!Your information about the width of the rim on a 24AW vs an 18 or [shudder!] a 22 sounded wrong, so I am including this chart from the Selmer Company. This should clear up the matter of the rim.I think you may be confusing the term "rim" with the *diameter* of the cup.
Scott

http://www.selmer.com/products/accessories/mouthpiece/mouth22.html
Catalog No. K335

Model No. Depth of Cup Approx. Cup Dia. Rim Shape Description
7 Medium 33.25 mm Medium wide. A large mouthpiece with full, lively tone and a splendid low register, for players with a strong embouchure. Recommended for large-bore instruments.
12 Medium 32.75 mm Medium wide. Fairly large diameter, producing a big, vivid tone.
18 Medium 32.10 mm Medium wide. Our best-selling mouthpiece for all-around work. Has an even register, substantial tone of excellent carrying power.
22 Medium 31.60 mm Medium wide. Slightly smaller than No. 18. Recommended for use in school bands.
24AW Deep 31.25 mm Wide, well rounded. An excellent mouthpiece whenever a sonorous dark tone quality of enormous volume is desirable.

Follow Ups: