NEW hard case w/wheels for Mira184 CHEAP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by case-mon (js) on September 18, 2003 at 12:43:48:

OK. I was the Guinnea pig. The manufacturer was "stuck" with these cases and wasn't sure what they might fit. (These had been a "special order" for something else, and were measured incorrectly.) This case does fit my Mirafone 184-CC. There is one minor catch: There is a foam-rubber-filled pad on the bottom bow end of the case interior that needs to be torn out ("un"glued). Once the foam rubber is removed, the piece of black "fur" needs to be hot glued back in exactly the same spot. Once done, you have an excellent snug end-to-end fit. This job took me three minutes. If you've not messed around with stuff like this before, allow fifteen minutes - and practice on something else first, so you don't make a hot glue mess.

Anyway, the CHEAP PRICE for these is only $200 + shipping and these can be sent affordably via UPS GROUND !!! in the U.S. (credit cards OK)

(uhh, if you're thinkin' about buyin' a dent-bag for your Miraphone 184, this quality wood case with large diameter heavy-duty wheels is about the same price.) You'll have to pop the wheels on yourself, but the wheels' axles are already installed on the case. Of course, the case has two handles in the proper places...and these are those "lifetime" quality hinged handles.

lemme know if you want one...There are only a few of these...first come, first served.

Disclaimer: If you "think" it might fit your ("model-other-than-Miraphone-184") tuba and buy it on that premise, do not ask for a refund if it does not fit. I do not want it back. Put it on ebay. /Donate it to a school. / Convert it into a dog house. / etc.

Disclaimer #2: Since the end-to-end fit for a Mirafone 184 is "snug", I wouldn't recommend risking tossing this inside the baggage hold of an airplane. This would obviously be extremely ill-advised with any non flight-approved hard case, but this one in particular might invite bell creases...' just don't want to have to accept any "blame", etc.

Note: The manufacturer seems to think this case also might fit an Olds O-99/Reynolds TB-10. If I get one of those tubas in the shop, I'll try it for fit. It's definitely a "front"-action oriented case.

Follow Ups: