Re: F-tuba question...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew on September 18, 2003 at 15:35:18:

In Reply to: F-tuba question... posted by Ray on September 18, 2003 at 07:08:15:

Hey,

Go to tuba exchange and bring your horn and play it for yourself. I have been to tuba exchange and played the Miraphones there and they are all great tubas, PARTICULARLY the one with 6 valves in Gold brass(darker brass??). It has amazing high register and a pretty good low range, the horn is really ??sweet?? sounding haha, Anyway, this is a really great tuba, but I dont think it can come close to the piston Gronitz F that they have there. They also have a rotar Gronitz that i didnt care for, but give it a shot. There is also a very nice Rudy F that Vince has used that I liked a lot. Be sure you A-B compare your very nice horn! with these other horns. They will have different sounds, just know what you want when you go in. I always have a lot of fun at Tuba Exchange, there are some really cool tubas there. He has this HUGE 1940's Martin BBb that is just amazing. Be sure and check out the GRONITZ tubas while you are there, they are among the best out there!

Thanks
Good luck
Andrew

Follow Ups: