Re: Re: Re: "Don't You Wish You Played Piccolo?"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Piccolist on September 20, 2003 at 20:10:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: "Don't You Wish You Played Piccolo?" posted by Steve C on September 20, 2003 at 14:31:45:

I wasn't trying to imply that I was offended at all!! I'm sorry if it sounded that way. The main point of that post was conveying the funny (well, what I thought was at least semi-funny) story that I hadn't realized why the post made any sense becuase I thought it was on a flute message board---where it would be pretty mundane. Yeah, thinking about it now, it wasn't a very sensical post, but I was trying to be humorous more than express anger. Of course, I have to stand up for my piccolist kind, though. I'm sorry!! Believe me, I understand all the jokes about the piccolo and I can agree with them in some people's hands also.

I agree that almost anything can sound beautiful when treated and listened to in the right manner. I mean, has anyone ever heard Alan Hovhaness' "And God Created Great Whales"? It's a symphony for orchestra and whales. It can be very beautiful if you think about how music is only a derivative of human language and that is why it is pleasing (anyone read that recent NY Times article?), so why can't whales do the same with their own sounds?

~.::Allison::.~

Follow Ups: