Re: My very short concert season

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Peter on September 23, 2003 at 19:23:41:

In Reply to: My very short concert season posted by Keith C. on September 23, 2003 at 18:37:54:

I can understand that frustration. But right now, having graduated and not yet entered college, I'll take every opportunity to play I can get. As I don't own a tuba. Just three trumpets and a flugel. Arghh. So I've contacted a local community band, and they have two tubas and room for no more. Great. Also considering that I came off of a successful season of drum corps, where I was playing every day sun-up to sun-down. Then the cord was cut and I have nowhere to go. I've talked to my old Director about coming in after band practices and borrowing a horn for an hour each weekday. But alas, the principal will not allow recent grads to play. Yet someone who graduated two years ago can use a school horn. His quote was. "I wish to have a larger degree of seperation between recent grads and the student body, as well as the school itself." Ouch... So, hear I sit, relegated to playing trumpet or flugel just to have something to play. God I need a tuba...

Follow Ups: