Re: Mouthpiece for Small F Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph on September 25, 2003 at 19:14:15:

In Reply to: Mouthpiece for Small F Tuba posted by Bonde on September 25, 2003 at 18:48:08:

I've played those Mira 180s before. I agree that having an F tuba specifc mouthpiece will greatly benefit that horn.

I'm not completely sure I understand what it is that you might find uncomfortable about the Bach 18. To my thinking the 18 is about as forgiving as they come.. especially when compared to a Conn Helleberg. Many(myself not one of them) find the Helleberg rim to be too sharp. Is it the sharp well defined inner contact point that makes you prefer the Helleberg rim? If so, I think we are in agreement although I still find the 18 to be a very nice mouthpiece.

With that said, as it just so happens, I have a PT-64 that I would like to get rid of that I think would be an extremely good match for that horn. It's in darned near perfectly new shape save for very mild scuff marks on the shank for normal use. I traded into this mouthpiece and have no use for it and money is very tight at the moment. The rim is about as wide as they come and to my eye is very flat(though not as sharp as a helleberg). I think you would like it, presuming I understand what it is you are looking for. It's a very very bright mouthpiece and would do a ton in terms of bringing the most out of one of those beasts.

Email me if you are interested.

FWIW,
Joseph

Follow Ups: