Re: Q&A for me in my weight los experiment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on September 29, 2003 at 14:57:19:

In Reply to: Q&A for me in my weight los experiment posted by David L. Allen on September 29, 2003 at 13:43:57:

What it makes me think of most is the addictive quality of the supposed "foods" out there, and the manipulation of people by advertising. All in a complete non-caring about the people being marketed to, and only in search of their money. When I am confronted with the candy machine at work, it is my anger at the people who manufacture those things that gives me what little will power I have, because the stuff is literally addictive. Best of luck with your surgery; I know for many people it has been the thing that worked for them.

On Dr. Phil's special with what's her name a few weeks ago, she (I can't remember her name, darn it, she was the host of the show) brought on another doc who had proved that some people lack a chemical that tells their brains they are full; the research showed that when they were provided with that chemical, they returned to normal weight. Hopefully all that will become better known and used.

MA

Follow Ups: