Re: Re: Re: Re: excerpts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on April 05, 1999 at 17:32:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: excerpts posted by jonathan Goldsmith on April 05, 1999 at 17:06:58:

I'm pretty sure you haven't hurt anyone's feelings here. You've just insulted every tuba player in your first post and now, in this post I'm responding to, you've insulted every American brass player as well. You are certainly entitled to your opinion about any number of things but I'd sure like to hear some examples of specific things you could site that would back up your outrageous claims. I'd would also be curious to hear what wealth of experience you possess that qualifies you to make such general characterizations with any credibility whatsoever. Specifically, I'd be curious to know just how many of these orchestra's brass sections you've actually played with that gave you the knowledge of how the brass players in those sections approach ensemble playing. I don't recognize your name so I'm assuming you haven't ever played with the orchestra I play with. In fact, I'd be willing to bet you've never even heard us. So please don't make blanket characterizations about people you don't know and have never heard. For the record, I'm an American brass player, a tubist, and a musician and I happen to feel that the American style of brass playing is among the best in the world.

Follow Ups: