Re: Freeport Music Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Cooper on April 05, 1999 at 19:55:23:

In Reply to: Freeport Music Tuba posted by Don on April 05, 1999 at 15:56:21:

I remember seeing a post on this and other web sites of a fellow who had bought one of those horns and was trying to sell it. It was about 2 months old and for several months he would post anytime someone was looking for a cheap horn. I don't know if he ever was able to "get rid" of the horn. I'm sure many people will post suggestions to your request. The general message will be to look for a good used horn, be patient. Good sources will be e-bay (www.ebay.com), Brasswind (www.wwandbw.com), Dillon Music (www.dillonmusic.com). Also try some of the vendors listed on the "Music Shops and Organizations" page here on Sean's home page. If you only want a 3-valve horn to play around the house, you should have no problem finding a real King or a good Conn for a $1000 or less. I picked up a Mirafone 184-4U 4-valve rotory horn for $1400 including a Tuxedo gig bag. It's a little on the small side but worked out great for me to build up my tuba chops (bassbone player that hadn't played tuba since HS a few decades ago). The point of this message is, buy a good used horn that will play nice for you, don't settle for cheap shiney horn.

Follow Ups: