Help me please.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by confused on April 16, 2001 at 03:41:23:

I first would like to apologize for the anonymous post. It is done so for personal reasons.
I am having some problems with my playing that I can not seem to get a grasp on. I am now at a point where I have to make a career decision. My problem is a strange "tingling" feeling in my face during and after a short practice or warm up session I have a tingling feeling around my lips and moving outwards towards my jaw joint. It is possile that TMJ is playing some kind of role here, I am not sure. My jaw does not open straight up and down, it moves over to the left then back right. This strange feeling causes me to not be able to make a strong buzz. I feel some what of an unbalance in my facial muscles. I have been doing a considerable amout of buzzing on the mouthpiece alone to fix this, but the problem just does not seem to go away completely. There are times when things seem smooth like after a couple days off but after a day or so back on the horn the tingling comes back. My embochure has also changed considerably, most likely to adjust for what ever is going on I am guessing. If anyone has had any related problem or feel they can give helpful advice please respond to my post.

Thank you

Follow Ups: