Re: Re: Work vs. Talent

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony Labelle on April 26, 2001 at 00:41:41:

In Reply to: Re: Work vs. Talent posted by Gray Bach on April 25, 2001 at 22:30:59:

Gray,

as hard as I know you've worked to get to where you are now, it'd be the world's loss if you gave up music. Think about it... you went from barely being able to play "Honor and Arms" to being able to produce professional quality recital programs that included the Plog Miniatures, Carnival of Venice, Concerto del Garda, and various other virtuosic works IN BARELY FOUR YEARS!! (Hell, I don't think I know anyone who can play Morning Song on a CC tuba as well as you once did). If you honestly think you'd be better off repairing cars, then I'd say go for it... just remember that "those kind of people" are present in every profession... and like Joe S so wisely stated, "Just because many others are swine doesn't mean that they define the profession." You've got a few weeks left of school(right?), after which you can go out into the world and be the best of whatever you make of yourself, whether it be a fine mechanic, or a fine professional musician... I don't know anything about your mechanical skills, but I do know that you're a damn fine tubist.

Best of luck, in whatever you decide to do.

Anthony

Follow Ups: