Re: Re: Re: Roger Bobo Announces Last Concert

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yutaka Kono on April 26, 2001 at 23:16:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Roger Bobo Announces Last Concert posted by Josh on April 26, 2001 at 22:07:39:

Lucky you! I wish I could have been that close to him as well. He definitely has great recordings and published articles. I just give high appreciation for live performances, and I just wish I gave more effort to go hear his live performances. His recordings are some of the reasons that I am in this profession. Yet, I just didn't create myself more chances to go to the tuba conventions or concerts where he was playing, which is just a personal regret. Anyway, you are right. His recordings are very inspiring as well. But, unfortunately, most average musicians from "everywhere" don't know who he is. (Maybe only in where I am. I told a few people about the news and they didn't know who he was, but that's a different topic. ) I hope they get to know his musicianship, and have a strong impact on their musical life as it did to us. Well, I am gonna go see if I have enough money to go to Italy this summer....

Follow Ups: