Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auditions and BAT's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim L on April 25, 2003 at 12:56:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auditions and BAT's posted by Bill on April 25, 2003 at 12:39:35:

First of all... relax, you'll give yourself a heart attack by the time you're 30.

Secondly, you're reading into the issue a just little too much. Where did I write that no good musicians come out of the midwest? It's just the observations I have made. You are entitled to your own opinions and I respect that. There is no possible way that I could have conducted a study to include EVERYONE.

My choice of using Midwest is another personal OPINION, which I believe I'm entitled to have. I have friends who are professionals that are products of the midwest that play quite musical, but look at the big picture for a minute. Not every musician out there is aspiring to the level that you and I seem to be working towards. That is moreso what my opinion is related to. The majority of amateurs (remember we were once at that same level) that I play with in a variety of situations, generally, have very little to no concept of musicality. I didn't have much concept except for written dymanics until I got to college. Remember, I'm talking about the big picture, not the upper 5% of people out there.

By the way, I am a product of the midwest myself.

Have fun out east

Jim

by the way, I'm confident I'm not alone in my opinion

Follow Ups: