Re: suggested guidelines

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on April 30, 2003 at 22:42:27:

In Reply to: suggested guidelines posted by perfess'r on April 29, 2003 at 12:55:59:

You didn't answer my question. Are you complaining about those of us who take the time to answer these questions, and refute the myths using analysis and careful experimentation?

The young-uns who ask the questions don't know, so they ask. Many provide answers based on experiences that may or may not be the result of correct interpretation of events. Some of us try to get at the root of the discussion, because if we succeed, maybe the guy who asks the question will be persuaded by our arguement and go back to practicing his scales with confidence that his equipment isn't holding him back.

On the other hand, we could all just say, "Spend two hours practicing scales instead of reading the responses and then it won't matter" (which I think was one of your answers, pretty much word for word, and which I objectively agree with), and then he remains unpersuaded, allowing a nagging doubt to remain. I think the only benefit of that is that you are unbored by the discussion.

But I still like ya, heh, heh.

Rick "who still needs to know about bassoon reed-making stuff" Denney

Follow Ups: