Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on August 17, 2000 at 19:52:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own posted by Chuck Jackson on August 17, 2000 at 15:44:40:

Yeah I remember that ice storm. We did not get any damage. I am sorry to here about yours.
Yep, I am playing on one of the old Holton CC's. It is a great playing tuba. The intonation is the easiest of most horns I have played. This particular one is a conversion from BBb to CC. It was originally done by Bob Rusk and then redone by Dillon Music. The guys in the orchestra love it. They said it brought a whole new sound to the group. They makes me feel good. I am the only foreigner in the group, everyone else is of course Japanese.
You are definetly right about the overseas experience, it is great! I met my Japanese wife here and love her to death. Now before I settled down I did go out and see what the country had to offer the first couple of years. Wild Times!!!!
So when exactly did you get out? I wasn't sure if you had mentioned that or not or maybe I just missed it.

Kampai!!!(you really got to hear them say this, they really get into it, hence the long exclamation point)
Pete Link

Follow Ups: