Re: Re: Bobo arrangement of Bach cello suites

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Neilan - also Hey Joe S - please read on August 28, 2000 at 09:17:10:

In Reply to: Re: Bobo arrangement of Bach cello suites posted by Bill on August 28, 2000 at 01:50:47:

*Hey Joe S, what version do you play?*

-responding to Bill-
Exactly my reason for the Lusk. When playing Bach on a keyboard (I hesistate to say piano, as Bach never wrote for what we call a piano) I have been very frustrated with all the excessive editing added to his music. Maybe I just have some bad arrangements, but much of it seems really out of place to me and I would prefer a blank page with just notes. Let ME be creative instead of a button (or key) pusher as I have heard some play Bach. Since I will probably just be playing these for my own enjoyment, I would want to figure out what MY interpretation of these is. Give me all the notes to start with, and I will decide which to drop, as well as how to phrase. Hey, any organ players who heard of Virgil Fox will know what I mean about unconventional Bach interpretations that really cook.
If the day ever comes that I audition with the Bach, then I will get a regular transcription so as not to make anyone laugh (or cry).

Follow Ups: