Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marching band-oh, what fun!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James McNeil on August 05, 2001 at 20:51:16:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marching band-oh, what fun! posted by Dale non-anon on August 04, 2001 at 22:29:10:

A lot of people nag, complain, and fuss about band camp. Mine just finished last friday, and while it wasnt at all like my comfortable situation the day before band camp (on the couch in the A/C room with a bag of cheetos on my gut) and I dont live in coldest place in the U.S. (Florida) I had no big problem with band camp. When you listen to the news, and hear about all the football players injured and killed by the intense heat, and realize that maybe up to 5 people pass out at band camp (this year, no body passed out in my band camp), you have to think that it cant be that bad. With enough water breaks, band camp is no problem, besides the sore sholder. Also, concert bands may be better for a musician, but I never had nearly as much fun in an entire year in my concert ensemble, than in one football game. The fun, and comrodary had in marching band far outweighs the pain and suffering some people complain about.
James "The fat but still very much alive" McNeil

Follow Ups: