Re: Re: Re: The detriments of playing tuba in HS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on August 08, 2001 at 21:15:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: The detriments of playing tuba in HS posted by tracy h on August 08, 2001 at 16:38:03:

Personal plugs are always kind of shameless. But I will dare one because I am no longer in the music business for money. I am in it for beauty and joy.

Urged by other young people I have made a sample of how SATB choral music can be transformed into tuba quartet material.

As I can not write HTML and have no graphical net software, boarder Chuck Guzis of Eugene - Oregon has kindly offered me space on is personal tubastuff site.

There you will find my adaption for tuba 4-tet of one of the most beautiful hymns ever written: Ave Maria by Jacob Arcadelt (1514 - 1568). As with all my stuff on that site, it can be downloaded and used for free. Of course I am interested in reports on the use my arrangements.

Chuck is restructuring some site matters through the next weeks. After that there will be offered some revised and new items:

The Helicon Schottische will come in a brass band version with all Eb and BBb tubas playing the soli line.

There will be a revision of the brass 5-tet version of the same piece.

Even an already finished version of this piece for solo tuba and 10 piece flute choir (3 P, 3 S, 3 A, and 1 B) plus optional classical Spanish guitar could be made available, if there are any freaks out there.

The Vivaldi Largo for tuba quartet and optional classical Spanish guitar will come in a revised and more demanding version.

It might appear, that I consider a guitar a good supplement to tuba ensembles. I play the classical guitar badly, but with great love. And I can write for that instrument.

The making of stuff for low brass ensembles is a topic I very gladly will discuss and exchange samples of.

Klaus

Follow Ups: