Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the the top ten?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by i shouldn't respond, but... on August 29, 2001 at 09:43:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the the top ten? posted by attitude is everything... on August 29, 2001 at 09:19:05:

I probably shouldn't get involved in this discussion, since it is after all irrelevant to my life as a tuba player, but I can't resist the need to jump to defense here...
I have some friends from CCM (and I would say Jeremy is one of them.) I don't see anything wrong with their attitudes because of the fact they are students there. As far as being arrogant, some people like that are everywhere (and I don't think any place is an exception.) It's not any particular school that makes a person that way! Chances are if the person's nature is to be arrogant, he or she will be that way regardless of his/her school!
CCM has graduated some terrific tubists (and that is an understatement!) Look at who they are as players and musicians. My teacher went to CCM and is the farthest thing from arrogant you will ever see! He is so giving of his time and talents, and is so dedicated to what he does as well as to the professional welfare of his students.
I just think it is unfair to judge a school by what one might see as the "product," when personality is determined long before choosing what school to attend. I'm not saying that you didn't have a bad experience, and I'm not trying to undermine that, I'm just voicing a strong opinion as you have.
End of rant.

Follow Ups: