American Tuba Concertos

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rommel Cordova on August 02, 2002 at 20:18:44:

I am working on a personal project and I could use some help. I am trying to find tuba concertos written by American composers. Even more specific, I am looking for ones which have not received many performances. I would like to add as many as I can to my personal library. I currently have the concertos by the following composers. Sy Brandon (written for me), Walter Ross, James Barnes, William Presser, Eugene Anderson, Eric Ewazen, Anthony Plog, Steven Winteregg, Alec Wilder, James Woodward, John Williams, Robert Jager, and Bruce Broughton. Since yesterday, I have ordered concertos by Harold Oliver, Alfred Heller, and Barton Cummings, and I will be ordering a tuba concerto by composer Neely Bruce at the end of the year. I know that the John Stevens Tuba Concerto is apparently available from editions bim, but I would like to know what music supplier in the US will be selling it.
I am still looking for any other tuba concertos written by American Composers with band or orchestra accompaniment. Please, if you know of any, let me know. Especially ones which have rarely been performed. Also if you know whether or not they have a piano reduction, that would be helpful. It is my hope eventually do a recital of some of these concertos and possibly record a CD (If I can find the funding) of some of the lesser known concertos. All Help Is Appreciated. Thank You.

Rommel

Visit My Website At:
http://www.geocities.com/connman72/texastuba.html

Follow Ups: