Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: smaller sousa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on August 30, 2002 at 11:27:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: smaller sousa posted by Anthony on August 30, 2002 at 05:40:26:

We're "free" to buy (or not buy) a doctor's services (though pricing has been horribly inflated due to law suits - most by folks thinking their loved ones should live forever, and by competition in the market from government bureaus for the services of doctors. Prior to the explosion of socialized medicine in this country, my parents (of quite modest means) could afford to pay for stuff like births, (very serious) thyroid operations, extended stroke care, and other family disasters that I remember from my early youth. Further, at that time those who could not pay were treated anyway out of goodness rather than by mandated social programs. Today, without insurance, these serious medical events in a middle class family would dictate financial ruin.

Remember: No matter how "vital" something is, it is ONLY a "right" as long it doesn't require that it be taken away from another individual or group of individuals to be given to you.

Follow Ups: