A serious but strange short survey

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on August 31, 2002 at 16:21:10:

I need to ask some questions that will at once seem strange, but explaining my purpose would skew the results. There is a link between these questions and tuba playing, but don't speculate on that until after you answer.

There is no need to discuss the answers or why I'm asking the questions--just answer. I'll come back later and tell you why I'm asking, and then we can discuss it if you want.

1. If I take a photograph and make a print, and then use an airbrush to retouch that print to remove a mole on a girl's face, is that still a photograph?

2. If I take a photograph in a regular film camera and scan the film into the computer, is it still a photograph?

3. If I use the computer to remove some telephone lines from that picture, is it still a photograph?

4. If I print it out on an Epson printer, is it still a photograph?

5. If I add a moon to a night scene by double exposure from two negatives in the darkroom, is it still a photograph?

6. If I add a moon using a computer, is it still a photograph?

If, in any answer, you say it isn't a photograph, what would you call it?

When I've gotten enough answers to meet my needs, I'll suggest how this is on topic. For those not willing to bear with me, my apologies.

Rick "appreciative" Denney

Follow Ups: