Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How much do you guys practice?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony Rossi on August 20, 2003 at 01:18:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: How much do you guys practice? posted by Wade on August 19, 2003 at 23:32:27:

i don't know if this works for everyone, or maybe i'm doing something wrong... but i like organizing my practice sessions. Maybe something like hour on scales....an hour on excerpts...an hour on solos...and then an hour on etudes, basic excersizes or lesson stuff. Of course this is just during the school year for me (summers tend to get a little lazy when your not in the swing of things) and i definetly don't hit 4 hours a day, but i do try to accomplish as much as possible.

I'm wondering how much these big symphony players practice? I know they need to keep up there chops and stuff...but where do they get their modivation? I practice right now for enjoyment and to some day get that spot! I would like to hear some opinions on every day practice sessions and how you organize and stratigize your practice because as we've all heard before "practice makes perfect" but what i'm interested in is how to maximize practice and decrease the time until you can hit that high Ab, until you can accuratly play the vaughn williams, until your teacher finally says those words every student dreams of "that was PERFECT!!!"

Follow Ups: