Re: Re: Interlochen?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on August 26, 2003 at 11:48:26:

In Reply to: Re: Interlochen? posted by Alan Herold on August 25, 2003 at 10:14:53:

I should add that since you are in high school - roughly 16-17 years old, then you should be grown up enough to bring up concerns of both the positive and negative aspects of the Academy with your parents (who are most likely the ones to being paying for it). Talk it over, and make a well-grounded decision. This may be the best way for you to go, but I think you should go through the decision making process honestly and with your eyes wide open. If you and your parents think you are a person who can handle the musical and peer pressure of a place like that, then do it. But, if you and your parents decide that you need this extra year before college to grow as a person a little more, then staying put is the right decision.

If you're grown up enough to be honest with your parents and go after this logically rather than emotionally, you're probably grown up enough to go. If you can't be honest and bring up the ugly points of the argument, then you are not grown enough to make this decision. I hope you're the former rather than the latter.

Follow Ups: