Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tone qulity problems from BBb toCC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on August 28, 2003 at 10:07:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tone qulity problems from BBb toCC posted by lan on August 27, 2003 at 21:28:52:

Ok, I have a little better idea of where you are coming from.

A mouthpiece can help with the focused sound or bigger or fluffier or ....

You're going to want to kill me when I say this. I think you wanted us to agree you need a new instrument to solve something the teacher sees as being a problem.

A new instrument will indeed do all that you are asking, well most of it anyway. An example: I used to play on a Cerveny piggy CC. A great horn for flexibility and sound, or so I thought. Then I bought a Meinl Weston 2000. What a difference. With the mouthpiece I liked for me, it became a wonderful instrument. Tone quality different than the Cerveny - no comparison really. Pitch much better, range definitely better, 5 valves vs 4, more flexibility with the piston valves. The drawback? $10,000+ for the MW. The Cerveny had been $2000! I then bought the "sister" instrument in a MW45 SLP F and could not be any happier.

Was switching instruments the answer to my happiness? You have to be the judge of that. If you sound good on one instrument, you will sound good on another. Enjoy.

Follow Ups: