Re: Re: Re: Info about St. Pete?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd Pushman on December 06, 1998 at 10:29:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Info about St. Pete? posted by Jon Maples on December 05, 1998 at 17:05:07:

For me customs wasn't too bad, just tougher on my wallet than I had hoped. In Detroit, the customs officers told me that any shippment over $2000 had to go through a broker. Thus all I had to do was sign a sheet of paper giving the freight company power of attorney and 24 hours later, the freight company called and said I could pick up the Tuba after I give them $279. ($90 for the broker, $50 for a bond, $20 for handling then $119 duty). Still less expensive than TE. die Tuba mentions people walking paperwork through themselves and saving the $90 broker fee, but I couldn't do that because of the total price. (I bought the Nickel plated horn with German Machine and a hard case).

Now the worse part for me was the horn was damaged and to return it would have been a nightmare consider customs and fees etc. Thus I have it repaired and have the freight company (BAX Global) pay for repair and devaluation of the horn. To TE defense, you wouldn't have to go through that.

Anyway, good luck with your decision.

Max

Follow Ups: