Re: Re: Re: St. Petersburg Tubas---What Do You Know?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on December 11, 1999 at 18:34:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: St. Petersburg Tubas---What Do You Know? posted by T on December 10, 1999 at 22:50:47:

What horn are you playing now? When you go to college, if you are to major in tuba or whatever,first contact the instructor and see what he recommends. Almost anyone today majoring in tuba will be asked or at least it will be suggested, they provide a cc tuba somwhere along the way. Most professionals play CC. Some, all the time regardless of the groups they play with. Most tuba players learn many different keyed horns. This is not a problem , you pick it up quickly.I personally would recommend a CC tuba for you right now. But absolutly consult with an instructor at the college you plan to attend. Don't get locked into BBb. I own a BBb and EEb and have played CC and am looking for another BBb and a CC right now and I only play in a community band. On ebay CC tuba oftn sell less than BBb as there is not so much competition for them. Overall I consider a good CC a better horn than a good BBb. You can play anything a BBb can in the low range but the high range sounds better and I think in gereral more in tune. Whatever, don't get locked in mentally!!

Follow Ups: