Re: CC fingering?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gus Pratt on December 24, 2000 at 22:59:05:

In Reply to: CC fingering? posted by Danny Boy on December 24, 2000 at 19:43:49:

I think I'm missing something in this post. I don't think you can ever use clarinet fingerings on a tuba, since clarinet fingerings require all eight fingers and a thumb. However; If you are reading music pitched in the key of C, then you use trumpet fingerings (i.e C will be open, B second, Bb first, etc.). Note: On any tuba you can use trumpet fingerings if the music is in the same key as your instrument. An Eb tuba can play alto/bari sax music using trumpet fingers, a BBb tuba can play trumpet/clarinet/tenor sax music using trumpet fingerings and an F tuba can play french horn music. A tuba quintet that consists of 2 euphoniums, a F tuba, and 2 Contrabass tuba (CC or BBb) could then read from brass quintet music. A tuba quartet of euphonium, 2 Ebs and a BBb could use sax quartet music. With the right set of tubas you could probably use just about any ensemble music out there. Some of this may require octave transpostion to actually make it work though.

Follow Ups: