Re: Re: Re: rose parade

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on December 30, 2000 at 21:00:13:

In Reply to: Re: Re: rose parade posted by Farah on December 30, 2000 at 19:07:53:

Right so! Even in dog walking.

Back at issue:

May I, as a long distance foreigner, interprete you previous posting like the band was marching 9 pieces abreast?

On and off I have been following our royal guard quite closely. They march 5 man abreast in regular shifts of watch. But at the funeral parade of our recently deceased queen mother, they had to march 4 abreast to pass the crowds of the narrow inner streets of Copenhagen. Quite a different view.

Repertory was on the dull side, until the casket was carried from the horsepulled hearse into the main railroad station for steam train transport to the royal burrial site in neighbouring Roskilde.

Then the band played "Dronning Ingrids Honnørmarch", which is by far the best march dedicated to royalty during my lifetime. Written by their late bandmaster Kai Nielsen.

He was a very short man, who would never have passed the regular enlistening requirements of 175 cm. Still he marched along the right front tubaist at all parades and shifts of watch. Just imagine left turns.

Klaus

Follow Ups: