Re: Need help with Christmas Present...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom B. on December 10, 2001 at 23:12:44:

In Reply to: Need help with Christmas Present... posted by Rick Denney on December 10, 2001 at 22:01:39:

Could she live with St. Louis? There is an old CD out on RCA Victor Red Seal of St.Louis doing what they called American Portraits. It is conducted by Leonard Slatkin and features narration by Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf. On this CD they play Fanfare For the Common Man and do the Lincoln Portrait...all of which are very well done. My guess is this CD was done in the early 90s. I have no idea where you would find it done by the CSO though.

As for marching music, try the Drum Corps International website. You could buy her the video (which I know they have). I'm not sure if they have CD's or not, but I imagine they do. I don't know of any exact music that might be on the tape or CD, but it is worth a try.

Don't know what to tell you about the music software. I would get a CD or two, and suggest downloading Finale Notepad.

It might also be fun to get her into reed making. I have no idea how expensive this is or where you can get the knives and such, but it looks kinda neat when some of our oboe and bassoon players make their own reeds.

Follow Ups: