Need help with Christmas Present...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on December 10, 2001 at 22:01:39:

My niece told her mother (my sister), "I have a list of stuff that only Uncle Rick knows how to find."

Well, I give up.

She (the all-state bassoon girl) wants a CD of Copland music. She wants Fanfare for the Common Man, Lincoln Portrait, and Appalachian Spring. No problem. Oh, but she wants it performed by the Chicago Symphony. Sigh. The usual searches have turned up nothing. So, anybody know of such a thing, and if not, what is the favorite recording of these war horses?

She also wants music-writing software. But Uncle Rick has a budget that absolutely excludes Sibelius, Finale, or anthing more than about a tenth of what they cost. Music Time was once an interesting product for about $30. Is it still? What's the favorite music notation software in that price range?

She also wants recordings of band works (in particular, marching band works, according to her), including Devine Comedy by Robert W. Smith and Reflection of Earth from the Millenium Celebration.

She's not getting all this stuff in any case, but so far I'm 0 for 4. Absolutely striking out.

HELP!

Rick "tuba-playing uncle in need" Denney

Follow Ups: