Re: Pivot system, from discussion below

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on December 11, 2001 at 10:39:47:

In Reply to: Pivot system, from discussion below posted by Mary Ann on December 10, 2001 at 13:05:20:

I have been reading the Encyclopedia of the Pivot System. I was looking for the previous Pivot System Manual, which is mentioned in the Encyclopedia, but I think it is out of print and it may have been revised, expanded, and improved in the Encyclopedia. Anyway, do you happen to have the Manual or the still-in-print Encyclopedia? Also, Doug Elliot in a previous posting I made requesting information about Reinhardt's books kindly told be about the Selection of Concone Studies and the catalog numbers. I then contacted the publisher Presser and I will order it, though there appears to be no specific book for tuba. If you know of other books by Reinhardt, it would be good to know their titles. Elliot was a student of Reinhardt. By the way, I did not recheck my Encyclopedia yet, but if I remember correctly Reinhardt wrote that a wet embouchure is always preferred, and anyway this does not affect the upward or downward pushing or pulling of the lips by the mouthpiece (during ascent or descent) because the rim is not on the buzzing center of the lips but around this center. Thanks.

Follow Ups: