Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ho Ho Holton!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on December 22, 2002 at 19:04:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ho Ho Holton! posted by Tony E on December 21, 2002 at 17:25:11:

Thanks for the link. Your valves also have that semicircular arrangement. I'll be posting a couple of pics later this evening, so you'll see the difference.

Dave Fedderly wrote me today and told me that the buttons are indeed original. That being the case, I'll be sure to save them when I take them off. He's going to help get me a set of larger buttons. The buttons Dan made for you look about right.

Perhaps in six months or a year I'll be to the point where I could tolerate not having the horn long enough to spruce it up in the way Dan did to yours. For now, it works well enough to play, and it plays too well to let it out of my sight. I will probably see to a few things myself, though I have no intention of treating it like a project horn, heh, heh. From what I can see of the valve ports, the alignment is pretty good, and the valves work very well. But the slides need some TLC (and some good grease).

Rick "getting ready to scan some pictures" Denney

Follow Ups: