Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How would you price a used 4/4 Nirschl?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on December 16, 2003 at 08:57:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How would you price a used 4/4 Nirschl? posted by mjg on December 15, 2003 at 21:32:50:

Well, I think it's just like any other horn, it depends on the particular one you play. I've played a few of these horns (4/4 Nirschl) and they all played really well for me. One of my current students has one and I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it were for sale. I've seriously considered buying one on two different occasions and the only thing that held me back was the lack of funds on my part. But that's just me, someone who also adores the 6/4 Nirschl that I use regularly.

I have no idea what the asking price should be. So many factors play into that and I wouldn't even know where to begin without having the horn sitting in front of me. Like others have suggested, I'd take the horn to a reputable dealer and see what they think is a reasonable price. Remember that the tuba market is really depressed right now and horns aren't moving much. Any estimates today are going to be generally low. Best of luck to you!

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: